Since its inception I-India has been involved in advocating child rights. Activities have included:
* “Who Stole My Childhood?” – a play produced by I-India, funded by Unicef and presented by street children to thousands of invited VIP guests in Jaipur’s three major auditoriums. Also performed throughout Rajasthan and broadcast on Doordashan state television.
* Several other thematic plays performed for the public and street children.
* Organising “Child Awareness Day” in which thousands of street children participate in a cycle-rickshaw procession through Jaipur.
* Publication of monthly newsletter Tabar (= a child).
* Seminars, camps, group meetings.
* Workshops for employers and government officers.
* Conducting research.
* Co-operation with other NGO's on state and national initiatives.